Keeping Our Patients Safe
We at Des Moines Family Dentistry are looking forward to getting back into our office and welcoming back our patients! WE miss YOU!
As we approach opening our doors again soon (date not yet determined), we want to acknowledge that our new “normal” may look and feel just a bit different for the foreseeable future. Dr. Main has spent many, many hours reading and researching the various ways to prepare Des Moines Family Dentistry post-COVID 19 for the safest experience possible for you, our patients.
Here are some things that we have always done in our office and will continue to do:
- We have always adhered to Standard Precautions which ” are the minimum infection prevention practices that apply to all patient care, regardless of suspected or confirmed infection status of the patent, in any setting where health care is delivered.” Standard Precautions include; Hand hygiene, use of PPE (mask, gloves, protective eyewear), respiratory hygiene / etiquette, sharps safety, safe injection practices, sterile instruments and devices, clean and disinfected environmental surfaces.
- We have always updated health information at each appointment. This includes taking blood pressure readings at each appointment.
- We have always required each patient use an oral mouth rinse at the start of their appointment
- We have always used high evacuation suction in the doctor’s operators to minimize aerosols
- We have always sterilized all instruments after every use
- We have always used medical-grade disinfectant wipes on all surfaces and objects in the treatment rooms between every patient
Here are some things that we will be doing now to ensure your safety that may look new or different to you:
- We will ask screening questions prior to your visit to minimize bringing in any kind of sickness into the office
- We will ask that you come to your appointment alone
- We will ask you to wait in your car until your treatment room is available to minimize contact with other patients
- We will have sneeze guards installed in the reception area
- We will have you answer screening questions when you arrive at the office
- We will be wiping down any writing materials used by the public after a single use
- We will obtain your body temperature when you arrive
- We have added additional hand sanitizers for your use through out the office- we will ask you to use these when you enter the office and again before you leave, at minimum
- We have removed all shared reading materials in our waiting room
- We will use KN95 masks or faceshields and head covers in addition to our normal PPE
- We will be obtaining and recording our team’s and doctor’s temperature twice daily
- We will be performing additional cleaning in non-treatment areas
- We will use new Dry Shield evacuation systems in each operatory
We will continue to follow the guidelines issued by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in effort to keep you, our patients and our team members as safe as possible.
We look forward to reaching out to you soon and inviting you back in to the office!
Hang in there! Take good care of yourselves! And don’t forget to brush and floss!!!